Fresh food, fresh start.

|
Every week I get a nice big box of veggies from Full Circle Farm, every week I tell myself I'm not going to let it go to waste, and ever week I end up throwing out half of it, it seems. I'm tired of paying for food that just ends up in the garbage, through my own sheer laziness. No more - I'm holding myself accountable for using as much of it as I can - somehow.

This week's bounty and planned use:


1 each BroccoliSteam crown for Fussmonster, stem peeled and sliced for soup/stock and frozen.
0.5 pound Shiitake Mushrooms chopped and sauteed with eggs for breakfasts
4 pounds Zucchinigrated for Zucchini bread, sliced and sauteed for lunch Zucchini meatloaf, grated and frozen
2 pounds Chioggia Beets FCF roasted with blue cheese and pecans
3 each Hass Avocados smoothies
8 each Satsuma Mandarins Peeled and sent with DH, juiced.
1 bunch Orange Carrotssteamed for Fussmonster
1 each Mangossmoothies
2 each Red Onions *Caprese salad, chopped for enchiladas, chopped for zucchini meatloaf
1 bunch SpinachTuscan White Bean and Spinach Soup
1 each Red Leaf Lettucesalad for lunch
2 each Garlic40 clove chicken, stored.

0 comments:

Post a Comment